4 Day Guilin & Longsheng Minority Discovery Tour
Tour Code: GL-7
Explore Guilin’s ethnic minority area. The famous rice terraces and the lifestyle of these mountain peoples, plus Li River Cruise and see beautiful country side of Yangshuo.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
Hotels we arranged
|Guilin||Sheraton Guilin||Guilin Bravo Hotel||Guilin Osmanthus Hotel|
With questions and for further information please send an e-mail using our contact form.
- Entrance Fees: To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals: All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Guide: As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds. All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Private Transfers: Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
- Insurance: The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers: Between airports and hotels.
- Arrangements: The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.
Day 1: Arrive in Guilin, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Day 2: Guilin to Yangshuo to Guilin (B/L/-)
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin
- Li River Cruise (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.
Day 3: Guilin to Longsheng to Guilin (B/L/-)
Today's Activities: Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field, Our guide and driver will escort you from Longsheng to Guilin.
- Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field: The Longji Terraces are built into the steep mountain range named "The Dragon's Backbone" about 2.5 hours from Guilin. The terraces look like ribbons as they wind from the foot to the top of the mountain. This ingenious construction makes best use of the scarce arable land and water resources in the mountainous area. There are about 66 square kilometers of terraced fields in the district. The Terraces were first built in the Yuan dynasty and completed in the Qing dynasty by the Zhuang people. Zhuang and Yao minority villages dot the area and feature traditional unique architecture where no nails are used in construction. The different minority customs and dressing styles are especially interesting. Sedan chairs are available from the parking lot to the top of the mountain for customers who would like to see the great views but do not wish to climb all the way up to the top; it takes about CNY350 per person for the round trip.
Day 4: Depart Guilin, Flight not included (B/L/-)
Attractions: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill
Reed Flute Cave: Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Elephant Trunk Hill: Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin. With 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill is on the west bank of the Li River in the city center. Partially submerged in the river it was named after General Fubo of the Tang Dynasty who built Mayuan Temple on the hill. Because of its location and height. Fubo Hill can tame the waves and stop the surging waters which then form whirlpools. It is 213 meters above sea level and 62 meters above ground level. There are almost 350 steps to climb to reach top of hill and but then you can enjoy a birds eye view of Guilin city.