Tour Code: Chinakufuept
7 Day Zhengzhou, Dengfeng, Shaolin Kungfu Course
With questions and for further information please send an e-mail using our contact form.
- Entrance Fees: To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals: All meals as specified in the itinerary. If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of Western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers: Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).Your comfort is our priority! to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
- Guide: As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds. All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily Western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Transportation: To Beijing South Transfer via: Train, G2 (Our arrangements).
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
- Insurance: The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance. To learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers: Between airports/railway stations and hotels. Arrangements: The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Excess Baggage Charges: Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size maynot exceed 20x40x 55cm Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
Day 1: Arrive in Zhengzhou
Transfer to Dengfeng. A guide will meet you at the arrivals of Zhengzhou Airport and take you in a private car to Dengfeng, where you will attend the Kungfu School Entrance Ceremony, and settle in the school hotel. Your tour guide will accompany you the whole tour.
Day 2: Songyang Academy, Songyue Temple and Shaolin Temple
The ancient Songyang Academy at the foot of Taishi Mountain North of Dengsheng was one of the four Tang Dynasty academies. Zhongyue Temple was rebuilt in Qing Dynasty and looks remarkably like the Forbidden City. Shaolin Temple, the birthplace of Wushu, is famous from the ancient legends. Monks display theirskills in a small theater several times a day. Pagoda Forest nearby has a multitude of miniaturebrick pagodas built over centuries, each honoring a particular kungfu master. Lunch in the Yongtai Nunnery includes only vegetarian dishes, but in the evening a Chinese dinneris available in the village. Good to Know: Zen Music Shaolin Grand Ceremony is an extraordinary outdoor show, where hundreds of monks together with village people perform aerial sword fights and synchronized fight formationswoven into a story against a backdrop of mountains and water. Ask your travel advisor to booktickets for you if you are interested.
Day 3: Training Course from Day 3 to Day 6
You will learn kungfu in the following three days. On this first day of the core training course you must select an area to concentrate on: Step Boxing, Baduanjin, Yijinjing, Xiao Hong Quan or Qigong. One or two other subjects can be chosen as optional extras.
Day 4: Training Course
Day 5: Training Course
Day 6: Training Course
Day 7: Kungfu School Farewell Ceremony, Depart Dengfeng, Transfer to Zhengfeng
After the farewell ceremony at the Kungfu School, your tour guide and driver escort you from Dengfeng to Zhengzhou Airport for your departure flight.