Essence of Guilin and Li River
3 Days Guilin and Li River Cruise Tour Code: GL-1
Guilin is a popular tourist city famous for its karst landscape and idyllic countryside. Guilin`s beauty is renowned throughout the world. The limestone hills randomly thrust out of the ground, and Li River winds its way through the hills and passes villages.
Attractions: Li River Cruise, Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill.
Day 1: Arrive in Guilin, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Day 2: Guilin to Yangshuo to Guilin (B/L/-)
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise, Pearl Culture Shop, Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin
- Li River Cruise (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.
- Pearl Culture Shop: Guilin is fortunate to have a company that is licensed by the Government to both grow and sell pearls. The Pearls are cultivated in the clean waters of the South China Sea off the coast of Guangxi province and then transported to Guilin for processing and to be created in the superb jewelry that you will see exhibited. You will also learn how to tell the difference between real and fake pearls and well as seeing the production process. Pearls purchased here will be of the highest quality and their authenticity is guaranteed.
Day 3: Depart Guilin, Flight not included (B/L/-)
Today's Activities: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill, Hotel to airport Transfer (Guilin)
- Reed Flute Cave: Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Elephant Trunk Hill: Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
- Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill is on the west bank of the Li River in the city center. Partially submerged in the river it was named after General Fubo of the Tang Dynasty who built Mayuan Temple on the hill. Because of its location and height, Fubo Hill can tame the waves and stop the surging waters which then form whirlpools. It is 213 meters above sea level and 62 meters above ground level. There are almost 350 steps to climb to reach top of hill and but then you can enjoy a birds eye view of Guilin city.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge. Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.* Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
Nov.1 - Mar. 31 Superior Deluxe Economy Single Room Supplement *
1 Person -
2-5 Persons /
6-9 Persons /
Apr.1 - Oct.31 Superior Deluxe Economy Single Room Supplement *
1 Person -
2-5 Persons /
6-9 Persons /
Entrance Fees: To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
Meals: All meals as specified in the itinerary.
Guide: As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotels: Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds. All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Private Transfers: Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guilin, Yangshuo by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide.
Service Charge & Government Taxes:
Insurance: The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Luggage Transfers: Between airports and hotels.
Arrangements: The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
China Entry Visa Fees.
Excess Baggage Charges. Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Meals: Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
Single Room Supplement.
With questions and for further information you send please an e-mail to: