Beijing and Xian Highlights Tour Deal
5-Days Beijing and Xian Tour (CHT-DA-5)
What are the two most recognized symbols of China? The Great Wall and The Entombed Warriors rate very highly. We will offer the best price to see these and many more of China's Treasures when visiting Beijing and Xian.
Day 1: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Accommodations: Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing (Economy
Day 2: Beijing (B/L/-)
Attractions: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Treasure Houses, Temple of Heaven, Baigongfang Pearl Market
- The Forbidden City: The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Tiananmen Square: Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- Treasure Houses: Treasure house has undergone 4 time renovations, the present one takes up almost 220 square metres, more than 440 treasures on display belonged to Qing dynasty royalty, half of which have not never been on display in the old one. It's worthy of visiting.
- Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests. Located in the south of Central Beijing, it covers an area of 273 hectares. Temple of Heaven was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
- Baigongfang Pearl Market: Baigongfang Pearl Market specializes in both freshwater and seawater pearls and has a reputation for selection and high quality. All kinds of pearl jewelry in different colors, shapes and sizes as well as famous Chinese traditional cosmetics pearl cream and pearl power are available. This is a popular place for looking for special, quality souvenirs. There is no pressure to buy!
Accommodations: Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing (Economy)
Day 3: Beijing (B/L/-)
Attractions: The Mutianyu Great Wall (with round way cable car), Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube), Shahe Cloisonne Factory
The Mutianyu Great Wall (with round way cable car): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is a about 2.5 hours' drive from downtown Beijing. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums (Bird's Nest and Water Cube): Located at the north end of the central axis of Beijing City, with a large area of 1215 hectares, it contains National museum, exhibition area, Olympic Village and Olympic competition avenues. Approximately 31 venues are used in Beijing Olympics, including National Stadium, the Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center. You will explore the park, but it doesn't include going inside the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
- Shahe Cloisonne Factory: Sha He Cloisonne Factory manufactures and sells high quality Cloisonne ware. High quality Cloisonne also called "Copper - body and wire inlaid Enamel" requires an elaborate and complicated manufacturing process including hammering, filigree welding, enamel filling, surface polishing and gilding. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs. China Highlights customers have the opportunity to see the manufacturing process. This is an exclusive offer for our customers!
Accommodations: Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing (Economy)
Day 4: Beijing to Xian, Flight No. TBA (B/L/-)
Activities and Attractions: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Xian), The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Xi'an Imperial Fine Arts Center
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses: Discovered accidentally in 1974, this incredible army of over 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots in full battle array has guarded Emperor Qin's tomb since 210BC. Each figure is unique, and the painstaking repair and excavation continues in 3 pits which are protected inside huge hangars. 1.5 hours from Xian, there is also an excellent museum and film about the history of the vaults. Photos (no flash) are allowed. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: A major Buddhist site, the simple, elegant brick Pagoda stands in the grounds of the attractive Da Ci'en Temple. The Pagoda was built in the 7th century to house the Buddhist materials that Xuanzang (Tripitaka) brought back from his epic journey to India. The Temple complex has several large halls with some great Buddhist statues and murals.
- Xi'an Imperial Fine Arts Center: Xi'an Imperial Fine Arts mainly manufactures jade carvings and lacquer ware. Tourists can learn how the fine Chinese jade carved and the function of jade.
Accommodations: Xian Skytel Hotel (Economy)
Day 5: Xian to Beijing, Flight No. TBA (B/L/-)
Attractions: Shaanxi History Museum, Xian City Wall with Bicycle, Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian)
- Shaanxi History Museum: The history of Shaanxi is said to be the history of China, and this museum is quite simply one of the nation's best. Four major galleries in large, Tang-style buildings house a vast and impressive collection, beautifully displayed. Most of the item labels are in English, although some other information on the exhibitions is not, but your guide can help here. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Xian City Wall with Bicycle: The walls, ramparts, gates and watchtowers form one of the oldest and most complete city defenses still around. Built in the 13th century on the foundations of the original Tang Forbidden City surrounding the city centre, it is a major landmark, and the best preserved, as well as the oldest and largest of the city defense systems in China. We operate this with bicycle. If the weather is not good for biking on the city wall, we will substitute a visit to the Bell Tower. Your guide will be very glad to take you the Bell Tower after you have been to look at the city wall.
Price ExclusionCentrally Located Hotels
Authentic Chinese Food
Private Cars and Driver
Flights & Transfers in China
Airport Taxes and Fuel Fees
Phone Rental / Wi-Fi Package
Service Charge & Government Taxes
Centrally Located HotelsAuthentic Chinese FoodPrivate Cars and DriversPrivate Guides Flights & Transfers in ChinaAirport Taxes and Fuel Fees Entrance FeesPhone Rental / Wi-Fi PackageService Charge & Government TaxesInsurance Luggage Transfers
International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China
China Entry Visa Fees
Excess Baggage Charges
Single Room Supplement
With questions and for further information you send please an e-mail to: