PAPUA Baliem Valley Trekking
PAPUA/Jayapura – Wamena – Jiwika – Klise – Wamerek – Wesagalep – Userem - Wamena – Jayapura
Name: PAPUA Baliem Valley Trekking
Validity: 01.04.2017 – 31.03.2018
Duration: 8 Days / 7 Nights
Tour Type: private roundtrip
Arrival flight: Jayapura ; Departure flight: Jayapura
Remark: It’s possible to do this tour as extension from Sulawesi or directly from Jakarta.
DAY 01: WELCOME to JAYAPURA - WAMENA - JIWIKA ( / )
Arrival to Jayapura and connection with the flight to Wamena, the capital of Baliem Valley. Once there, we will leave our luggage at the hotel and we will visit its traditional market. Back to Wamena for overnight.
DAY 02: TREK 1: WAMENA - KLISE
We will drive to Sogokmo, the starting point of the trekking heading to the village of Dani (Klise). During approximately 1,5 hours, the pathway is level until getting the settlement of Kurima. From this point, we will ascend for about half an hour and then we will continue walking through a flat path again to the village of Dani of Klise, where we will spend the night. Walk approx: 3 hours – easy level. Approx slope: Ascent: + 300m.
DAY 03: TREK 2: KLISE - WAMEREK
Today we will walk up for an hour until get the crossing that will take us, way down, to Tangma and Wamerek. Along the trails, we will enjoy the gorgeous views over Baliem River and its tributary, Mugi River. From this point, the way down to the village of Tangma is more difficult. From Tangma, the walk becomes easy until the village of Wamerek. Tents will be settled up in the village of Wamerek. Walk approx: 4 hours. – mid level Approx slope: Ascent +200m, Descent: – 400m
DAY 04: TREK 3: WAMEREK - WESAGALEP
After breakfast, we proceed to descend to the hanging bridge of Wesagalep. During the tour, we will enjoy the wonderful views over Baliem River Gorge combined with small Dani villages. When we get the river, we will cross the hanging bridge of Wesagalep (Bridge made of wood and lianas). The way to Wesagalep village from the bridge is going up. We will walk slowly due to the strong slope. We will set up the tents for sleeping in Wesagalep. Walk approx: 5 hours – easy level. Approx slope: Ascent +600m, Descent: – 250m
DAY 05: TREK 4: WESAGALEP – USEREM
After breakfast the trail leads you up until getting to the top of the hill of the Wesagalep village. Enroute, passing by a jungle area and we will see Ubi “sweet potatoes” plantations. The way down (easylevel) will take us to a small stream, tributary of Baliem River. Have a bath there and relax. Then thepath goes slightly up and down following the Baliem side to the village of Userem, where we ill set upthe tents and overnight. Walk approx: 4 hours – mid level. Approx slope: Ascent + 400m, Descent: – 400m
DAY 06: TREK 5: USEREM - WAMENA
Early in the morning we will come back to the village of Sogokmo. Where the way down gets narrow itcan get a bit difficult and we have to pay attention. Along the trail, we will see quite a lot of Danissettlements. When we get the Mugi River, the path to Sogokmo is more difficult. Once we arrive at Sogokmo our cars will be waiting for us to go back to Wamena. Accommodation at hotel in Wamena. Walk approx: 5 -6 hours –mid level. Approx slope: Ascent +100m, Descent : – 500m
DAY 07: WAMENA - JAYAPURA
Transfer to the airport of Wamena to flight back to Jayapura.Transfer to the hotel. Rest of the afternoon at leisure for you to relax. Overnight in Jayapura.
DAY 08: JAYAPURA - MAKASSAR /BALI or YAKARTA
You are free until the transfer to Jayapura airport to take the flight to Makassar, Bali or Yakarta.
***End of Services provided by Asia-hotelservice***
TOURPRICE per person
SGL SUP 140
HIGH SEASON SURCHARGES, 1 JUL-15 SEP: 95 Euro
HIGH SEASON SURCHARGES, 22 DEC-15 JAN: 95 Euro
EXTRA NIGHT: 75 Euro
EXTRA NIGHT, 1 JUL-15 SEP AND 22 DEC-15 JAN: 75 Euro
· Rates mentioned above are based on sharing Twin or Double and per person.
· Please add Single Supplement for any odd number of pax or pax requesting SGL rooms (except 1 pax).
· All rates are in Euro and valid from 01. April 2017 to 31. March 2018.
Wamena Baliem Pilamo Hotel 2* Superior Room
Jayapura Ransen Hotel 2* Superior Room
Accommodation in hotels is subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be booked within the same hotel category without surcharge/reduction. If no hotel in same category available, we preserve the right to apply a surcharge for any higher category or a reduction for any lower category. All hotel ratings are according to the local accreditation authority.
- All described sightseeing as in program above
- Transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle
- Flights Yakarta – Jayapura – Wamena – Jayapura – Yakarta (or Denpasar)
- Accommodation in hotels with daily breakfast
- During trekking days in Baliem: Full board accomodation
- English -speaking local guides (Upon availability)
- Admission fees to indicated sights
- Surat Jalan permit to travel around Irian Jaya
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Domestic gov’t tax and service charge
- International air tickets and not mentioned domestic flights
- Airport tax
- Visa fee
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Meals: if not mentioned in itinerary
- Drinks during Meals
- Drinks, personal expenses and others not stated
- Early Check In and Late Check Out
- 2 passport photos per traveler are needed in Papua
- visa fee is currently 30 Euro per pax, payable upon arrival
- We recommend to change your currency (Euro) in Jakarta to Rupees as it’s not easy to change money in Papua (~250€ p.p.)
WHAT TO BRING FOR TREKKING TRIP IN BALIEM VALLEY:
- Trekking shoes and sandals Summer & rain clothing, warm clothing to use after the trekking (it’s around 12°C at night)
- Sleeping bag and mat
- Private first aid kit
- Flashlights and batteries
- Mosquito and fleas repellent, sun protection
Compulsory surcharges and meal options apply during peak holiday period. These will be advised at the time of booking or at any time should the hotel apply on an ad hoc basis. Please note that this is an offer only and no reservations will be processed until we receive a written booking order. General Terms and Conditions of Asia-hotelservice apply.