SULAWESI 4 Days Toraja Tour
SULAWESI / Makassar Toraja Makassar
Name: NEW! 4 Days Toraja Tour
Validity: 01.04.2016 31.03.2017
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Tour Type: private Roundtrip
Arrival flight: Makassar
Departure flight: Makassar
DAY 01: MAKASSAR (Sulawesi) TORAJA (-)
Arrival to Makassar, capital of Sulawesi Island. This noisy city, with around two millions of inhabitants in the trade center, its the entrance door to all the islands of East Indonesia. Then, we will go by car to the land of the Toraja. During this 7-8 hours journey throught the "transulawesi" road, we will visit the traditional villages of the Bugis, who live in all the South of the Island. They are known by their ability to build "phinisi" boats and by their houses set on stilt. In the last stretch, the road gets into the mountains of Sulawesi to leads us to Tana Toraja, one of the most beautiful regions of the whole archipelago. At getting Rantepao, capital of Toraja, we will go directly to our hotel to sleep. Overnight in Rantepao.
DAYS 02 03: TORAJA Tour (B/L)
During these days we will visit Tana Toraja Region. Toraja Region is not only privileged for its wonderful landscape, but for its active and unique local culture. Even though nowadays its religion is mostly Christian, the animism religion is still alive. They still live according to their original animism religion called Aluk Todolo. We will visit its traditional villages and we will be able to appreciate the curious hulled ship shape of the Toraja traditional houses, called Tongkonan, the stone graves and the Tau-Tau (wood effigies representing the deceased), high up a rock. We will also visit its colourful markets, as the Toraja make their transactions and shopping every day. If during the stay we have the opportunity to see a ceremony, the family will invite is to assist and we will see the fascinating ritual that a Toraja funeral is. Overnight in Rantepao.
DAY 04: RANTEPAO MAKASSAR - BALI
After breakfast, we will depart South direction to the capital of Sulawesi, to fly to Bali (7-8 hours).
Meals included: Breakfast
***End of services provided by Asia-hotelservice***
TOURPRICE per person
Pax Standard Superior
1 640 830
2 355 445
3 300 405
4-6 245 331
7-9 210 295
10-14 205 290
SGL SUP 100 135
· Rates mentioned above are based on sharing Twin or Double and per person.
· Please add Single Supplement for any odd number of pax or pax requesting SGL rooms (except 1 pax).
· All rates are net and in Euro and valid from 01. April 2016 to 31. March 2017. Surcharge for Superior Room instead of Standard Room at Heritage Toraja: 10 Euro/r/n
City Standard**-*** Superior***-****
Rantepao Misiliana Resort Toraja*** Heritage Toraja***
Accommodation in hotels is subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be booked within the same hotel category without surcharge/reduction. If no hotel in same category available, we preserve the right to apply a surcharge for any higher category or a reduction for any lower category. All hotel ratings are according to the local accreditation authority.
- All described sightseeing as in program above
- Transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation in shared double rooms in hotels with daily Breakfast
- English/German/Spanish/Italien/French-speaking local guides (upon availability)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Donations in Toraja
- Domestic govt tax and service charge
- International air tickets and not mentioned domestic Flights
- Airport tax
- Visa fee
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Meals: if not mentioned in itinerary
- Drinks during Meals
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses and others not stated
- Early Check In and Late Check Out
- Peak Season Surcharges and Gala Dinners